I live in the Northeast, so when the weather starts to get chilly I rely on low-heat styling and protective styles. I know many people frown upon heat-styling, but when the temperatures drop, low-heat styling is how I maintain the health of my hair, and preserve my style for days on end.
To complete this style, I went to my local Target and purchased the following products from the Salon Isle (yes, ladies, SheaMoisture products can now be found right alongside all other haircare. We are no longer relegated to the Ethnic Hair section):
- Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Shampoo – 10.3 oz –
- Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Conditioner – 10.3 oz –
- Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Blow-Out Cream – 6 oz –
Keep in mind I wasn’t going for a super straight look. I wanted a textured blow-out, so my bantu knots would have texture and volume.
Now, onto my perfect Bantu Knot Tutorial:
The Perfect Bantu Knot-Out
- Wash and Condition my hair using Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Shampoo & Conditioner
- Section Hair and apply Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Blow-Out Cream
- Blow Dry Hair
- Twist & Knot Hair
- Let Set over night
- Untwist and pic out knots for extra volume, and voila!
What is your recipe for Bantu-Knot perfection?
Latest posts by Lisa Jean-Francois (see all)
- Bridal Edition: Natural Hair Inspiration For Your Big Day - 11-04-2016
- How To Master The Blow Dried Bantu Knot Out - 10-25-2016
- SUPER Basic Eyeshadow Tutorial For Beginners - 10-10-2016